Welcome back to our new session, which starts our 40th anniversary year. To commemorate this auspicious time, the committee have been wracking their brains to mark the occasion, and to ensure that the club continues for another 40 years.
We are planning a flower festival to be staged in St. Giles church, a late Spring trip to visit some local gardens, a coffee morning, and a guest demonstrator for the anniversary lunch, but our greatest challenge is to increase the membership, so bring along a friend.
During the summer break, club activities continued with a wonderful lunch and demonstration at which our very talented member Hilda Anderson broke all records by doing 10 designs in one hour, each an inspiration, pictures of the afternoon can be found here.
In July, Hilda and Gill Garrow represented the club in Glasgow, where they staged the design for the cathedral, which was created by club members.
On the 24th, a coach trip went to Glasgow to see the cathedral. It was a beautiful day, a comfortable journey, and the displays were out of this world, to see such an enormous, lovely old building filled with flowers was breathtaking.
I have received two letters from SAFAS: one from the cathedral staff thanking everyone, and one from the SAFAS chairman thanking us for our support in making the event an outstanding success.
To help us to get to know each other better, and create a friendly relaxed atmosphere, we are providing refreshments on arrival as well as at the end of the evening.
Please remember to bring any plants for the sales table.
Dates for the diary
- Lossiemouth Flower Show: September 20th @Lossie High School
- Practice class: Tuesday 28th October in our own hall with Sandra Halkett
- November fund raising night: Thursday 20th November in the community centre due to town hall repairs.
- Coffee Morning: April 2015
- National Flower Arranging Day: May 3rd 2015
- Garden Visit: May 2015
- 40th Anniversary lunch: 23rd June 2015
- Flower Festival: St. Giles Church 25th -27th June 2015